A.T. Kearney has always valued diversity and inclusion. In the words of Tom Kearney, "The true strength of this firm, as in any organization, lies in the fact that we are all different.... The strength inherent in this firm rests upon these collective and diverse interests. They are all we have."
Every day, we strive to add value for our clients. To do this most effectively, it is important that our people can be themselves and feel comfortable without encountering prejudice or discrimination and that they have equal opportunities to contribute, develop, and succeed irrespective of race, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. We also know that our clients derive greater benefit from teams with a wide range of experts with unique experiences, backgrounds, and skill sets.
Our commitment to diversity has long been recognized. In July 2008, Consulting Magazine, the primary consulting-industry publication in North America, recognized A.T. Kearney for our commitment to diversity. We were one of five firms—and one of the only high value management consultancies—to receive the magazine’s Excellence in Diversity Achievement Award. In 2009, we made our debut on the Corporate Equality Index (CEI), which rates 590 businesses based on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace policies and benefits. A.T. Kearney has scored a perfect 100 on the CEI. The index has proven to be a significant measure of a company’s commitment to developing and supporting a diverse workforce.
We continually strive to improve our diversity and inclusion policies, structures, and support networks to ensure that we fully meet the needs of our people and our clients—and help set the standard for our industry. We actively promote a diverse and inclusive culture through a variety of channels, including our diversity networks and our equal employment opportunity policy.
Global Diversity Networks
A.T. Kearney has a number of global and local diversity networks that reach out in the following ways:
- Assist in outreach efforts to make candidates aware of the company’s policies
- Provide a support network for members
- Help members take advantage of both formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Drive professional development opportunities
- Work with leaders and all consultants to raise awareness of diversity within A.T. Kearney
- Strengthen diversity by bringing people from more diverse backgrounds to the firm
Our networks include the following:
African American Network
The African American Network (AACN) is recognized by our members as a valuable group of colleagues who enrich and enhance each other’s professional and personal lives through mentoring, networking, and professional development. With a solid foundation in place, our members receive the support they need to succeed throughout their career through a variety of programs, including:
- Recruiting: A.T. Kearney seeks to attract outstanding, talented candidates through our multi-faceted recruiting efforts. Our MBA JumpStart program, for example, is a forum for recruiting candidates for full-time hire. Our JumpStart Boot Camp is a full-day case workshop that helps prepare students for case interviews.
- Professional development forums: Our Professional Development Forum programs position consultants for success. The curriculum for these events is designed to expose network members to the firm’s leadership and address key factors for a successful career. These flagship events serve as a way for our members to stay connected and provide professional growth opportunities.
Within A.T. Kearney and the broader community, the Hispanic Network promotes an atmosphere of diversity, inclusion, and respect. We promote A.T. Kearney’s diversity mission in support of the firm’s commitment to superior client service and business performance through the following activities:
- Recruiting: In collaboration with A.T. Kearney’s recruiting team, the Hispanic Network attracts outstanding, diverse talent through on-campus recruiting and national Hispanic conferences.
- Professional development: Training events, guest speakers, and individual mentoring provide important opportunities for the network to support its members’ professional development and ongoing success.
- Teambuilding: Social gatherings foster a spirit of camaraderie among employees whose unique backgrounds and perspectives contribute to a lively, energetic firm culture.